IoT Gateway Workshop
IoT based Home Automation using Arduino. This workshop is intended to design a smart wireless network to connect all the home appliances to the internet, to monitor and control, from the remote network like Wi-Fi.This workshop helps the IoT beginners to select the wireless processing platform for their real time applications. It also enhances their knowledge in Cloud base interfaces using open-source communities like Microsoft azure, Thingspeak, Sigfox etc.
- Introduction to processing platforms.
- Introduction to Wireless sensor networks.
- Introduction to Arduino processing Platform and its Programming.
- Introduction to Cloud interfaces and Web Server-Client applications.
- Introduction to Serial Communication.
- Theory about Wi-Fi protocols and their working.
- Introduction to ESP8266 Wi-Fi gateway.
(Samples: Led Blinking, Analog Sensor Processing, Serial Communication.)
- Interfacing ESP8266 with Arduino.
- Interfacing Relay with Arduino.
- Building a Web Server Code for Arduino.
- Registering with Cloud Service to transfer data between loads and internet.
- Programming the Arduino Board using ISP cable
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network and testing the code.
- Controlling the Appliance with 0,1 commands through internet browser.
(Sample: Interfacing ESP with Arduino and writing code for Web Server Application)
Hands on Hours